West One Shopping Centre
West One at 75 Davies Street is a proposed redevelopment of the commercial building on Oxford Street, London W1.
The new plans propose to refurbish and partially redevelop the site to provide additional and more efficient office floorspace whilst retaining c. 60% of the existing structure.
In August 2020, British Land and Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) introduced initial plans for redeveloping West One. The plans propose:
- Re-use as much of the existing structure as possible;
- Introduce a new high-quality, contextually appropriate façade
- Introduce some added height to provide additional office floorspace
- Improve the sustainability credentials of the building whilst introducing urban greening wherever possible
- Introduce a series of stepped terraces to the rear of the building to enhance the wellbeing of office tenants
- Respond to and support the substantial public realm improvements happening around the site
- Maintain retail and station access throughout the redevelopment of the site.
In 2019 West One comprises an even mix of office and retail space, both fully let, and sits at the entrance to Bond Street station in the heart of London’s West End. It benefits from around 500,000 visitors a week, set to increase with Crossrail. Once Crossrail opens, West One will be linked to British Land’s existing mixed-use assets, including Broadgate, Paddington Central and Ealing Broadway.
2019 Dec - British Land has acquired a 25% share of West One, a 92,000 sq. ft mixed use scheme on London’s Oxford Street for £54.25m. As part of the agreement, Norges Bank Investment Management will continue to own 75% and British Land will assume responsibility for the asset management and any future development.
February 2016 - Nash Bond is appointed as sole agent on West One Shopping Centre. Nash Bond won the instruction to provide agency and lease advisory work in a competitive pitch. The centre contains 45,500 sq ft of retail space.
1970s - The site was redeveloped and West One was built when the Bond Street Underground Station was expanded to include platforms for the Jubilee Line.
1900- Before the development of the over-station building during the 1970’s the Oxford Street frontage and the corner of Davies Street had been the site of the Grosvenor Court Hotel (1900). The Victorian building was 7 storeys in height.
The south-east corner of the site, at the junction between Davies Street and Weighhouse Street, was formerly occupied by a block of shops and chambers which were built in 1890–1 in conjunction with an electrical generating station.
Site & Location
News from the companies
Information on this page is for guidance only and remains subject to change. Buildington does not sell or let this property. For more information about this property please register your interest on the original website or get in touch with the Connected Companies.